3.07.2010

I'm Not That Girl

Last night was interesting. I got to try out my dom side. It's funny and sad all at once.
So I pretty much figured this guy from class out. Well, somewhat. I was talking about how when I was little, I once in awhile did something uncharacteristically mean and controlling--like making my little brother eat dirt when we played in a sandbox.
"Looks like you have some control issues." He comments.
I am taken aback. Then I begin to giggle, "That would be hilarious if I did."
"So let me guess," I go on. "I think that you are the type of guy who likes everyone to believe that he does things perfectly, never makes mistakes, has all the bases covered. But underneath it all, you would love to give up control and just let someone else take care of everything."
Awkward pause. "I don't know if anyone's ever gotten as close to it as that." He says.
"It's something I've been looking into a great deal."
We talk about possible movie times for seeing Alice in Wonderland. I had already looked them up earlier in the day.
"I can't remember if the 8:00pm ones are sold out." I say.
"I guess I could always look it up in a little bit." He says.
And it is a "magical" moment. We gaze at one another. He is waiting for something. I return his gaze, then say firmly, commandingly, one eye brow raised, "Look it up now."
He is nonplussed, but within a second he's moving to his computer. Smiling. "Uhmm...I can't believe how much I liked that tone."
I broke out into laughter, then started to moan a bit. Sorry, I'm not that girl, I tried to explain. I was just mimicking....

I was just mimicking a certain man in my life. Not College Guy. This man is older, has had many spanking relationships. I never argue with him, or if I do, it's because I know from his tone that it's alright to do so. He can switch in one the middle of a sentence from every-day-chatting-small-talk voice to a hard-fast-cold-you-are-going-to-regret-this-soon voice if the situation warrants it.
I'll talk more about him later. I think if I could just learn his technique, I could make many dudes like the guy I hung out with last night, incredibly happy. Too bad I'm not that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment