3.08.2010

"I'm going to spank you"

Last night I talked with College Guy. We talk often. Especially on Sunday nights. We're trying to follow this program he came up with, where we both read two chapters of the New Testament (Matthew for now) and "discuss" them. Pretty much this means he talks about what he sees is wrong/confusing/annoying and I end up saying, "Yeah, I know, so lets talk about something else."
So something else did come up. I had a confession to make. I've been telling him over and over again about something that was coming up, something that I didn't want to do. And that I had promised not to do. But I did it anyway. This sounds trite, but this certain something is really a big deal. It's the kind of thing that can cost an entire friendship. I got out the confession, using gmail chat to type part of it because it was so embarrassing.
I wait. Dead silence. I wait some more. Then, I hear, "I am going to spank you."
And everything inside me leaps and winces all at once. This dude is younger than me, but I feel 5-years-old again. He goes on to discuss why he's going to take such an action, to tell me what he feels was wrong with what I did. My stomach is still tickling, and I'm still trying to remember to breath. I try to make a strong sounding response at one point, try to rid myself of this feeling of smallness.
"Lose the attitude, Bonny-jo." Oh, was it that apparent....oops.
I want to know how he turned into such a top all of a sudden. When I first met him, yeah, he could play the top-game, but it seemed like just a game. Now it just seems so real. It seems like he really is this person. And that makes me squirmy inside, in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment