4.27.2010

Yes Sir=Okay?

When I first discovered the online spanking community, and when I first met both of my spankers, I thought the idea of calling someone "Sir" was awkward and fake. It's what people do in spanking movies, it's what might happen in role play, but as a part of real life, how could that feel okay?

When I first met College Guy, we didn't use the "Sir" word, not even during my first punishment spanking. But I was expected to reply to his questions respectfully.

When I met My Magician, I remember freaking a bit and telling him something like "You sound British (even though you're not) and overly domineering, and would I really have to call you 'Sir'?"
He replied that no, he wasn't British, not overly domineering in his humble opinion, and that 'Sir' could be reserved for punishments only. That I would probably want to use the word during them. And it's true. I had to be reminded once or twice "Bonnie-jo, now would be the time to be saying 'Yes, Sir' when I ask you a question". But, it took little getting used to.

With College Guy, however, it is another story. He is a bit younger than me, and we are good friends, equals, buddies. There have been some odd times when I've felt like using the "Sir word", but those times have been during extreme bouts of emotion brought on by engaging in some spanking pastime or perhaps emotional/intimate discussion.

However (this is the age of post-modernism, ya'll) I believe that there is a word we use that just might be a "Yes, Sir" stand-in. It's brought up a great deal.

Suppose we're talking about some homework coming up.
"You should get started on that paper at least by tonight, Bonnie-jo. Okay?"
"Uh-hmm.." I mumble.
"Okay?" There is a tone in his voice.
I giggle at the tone. "Okay."

This exchange of "Okays" happens frequently. He claims it's because he sees my reply of "uh-hmm" as a weak reply, one that I don't really mean. That "Okay" actually means something, an agreement that I will commit myself to.

How it that any different from "Yes, Sir"?


3 comments:

  1. How is it different? Well, in that last situation (or similar), if I say "okay" I'm saying just that. If I say "Yes, Sir" there is a world of sexual and spanko cconnotation behind it. I know it, and Ron knows it, and it sends a spark of electricity between us.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled upon your Blog over at bonny's...bonnies...*gestures with thumb* over there ;) lol

    I like your self exploration here Bonnie-Jo. Keep up the good work hun! I'll be checking up on you, so you better behave! Lol ;)

    P.s. I REALLY like Niko's vids too!

    *hugs*
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...well, I deeply regret to inform you that I might not be behaving, but I'll see what I can do.
    And Hermione, I see what you're saying. I think I was just reacting to the tone. But you're right, there is something about that word. :)

    ReplyDelete